How to activate parental control in Discord ?
Unlike certain applications of the Play Store, the Voip Discord software is not equipped with real parental control. You can nevertheless modify the security and confidentiality settings so as to protect your children and teenagers. This solution allows in particular Limit access to adult content.
You can also restrict exchanges with unwanted users.
That’Does parental control in Discord ?
Despite the lack of parental protection, you can manage your child’s discord profile settings to ensure its safety. The confidentiality of the data is in particular one of the important elements in this approach. The program thus allows you to choose the information used and stored by the chat service:
- Open the mobile application and go to the ” Settings »». To access it, press the button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Then click on the function ” Privacy and Security »». A list with tips will be displayed on the window.
- Disable all the options that seem disturbing, even abusive, for a child.
You can also consider using the 2FA (two -factor authentication) To control the use of discord. The account will thus be inaccessible without a password and an authentication code (Discord Auth / Backup Code). To use this option:
- Open the settings,
- Press on ” Account »»,
- Then click on ” Activate L’two -factor authentication »».
- Voip service will invite you in the meantime to Install an authentication app on your phone.
- Click on ” Following “, Start the tool and inform code 2FA on your laptop to make the appearance.
- Finally, enter the discord interface the authentication code generated by the application.
How to block explicit content in Discord ?
You have the possibility of block explicit content in Discord by carrying out some simple manipulations. To start, launch the software under Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS … This multiplatform program can also work on any connected terminal, from iPad to mobile phone, including Android tablets.
This service is also accessible via any internet browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.)). In any case, theinterface remains sober and easy to useR When you want to join a server. In addition, the main window and the options keep roughly the same configurations regardless of the tool used.
Once the application is opened:
- Click on the icon representing a gear to access ” Settings »». It is near the name and the user’s avatar, bottom left of the window.
- Open the “Confidentiality and security “ appearing on this menu.
- Then check the box ” Keep Me Safe “, Located under” SAFE Direct Messaging »».
Activate this feature for systematically make the analysis and filtering of the cat service. Thus, the software will automatically block any element identified as inappropriate, explicit, even pornographic. You can therefore preserve the user from the spaces not recommended for children and adolescents.
Moreover, many fairs and other groups immediately display the NSFW banner (Not SAFE for Work). Keep Me Safe will thus systematically filter these discussions and the associated content. The blocking will also concern any content reported as for adults.
How to block unwanted communications in Discord ?
THE parents can also restrict unwanted communications with the function Confidentiality and security of Discord. Follow the previous instructions to open the settings, then click the mentioned line. Let the list scroll to reach the ” Server confidentiality parameters »».
Open the tab, then Click on the rocking to deactivate the Authorize Messages from the server members. From now on, users of this server will no longer be able to send MP to your child. However, this setting will concern Only new memberships.
It is not retroactively applicable to its current servers.
Despite this restriction, children can always participate in conversations in vocal or textual chat salons of the server. Indeed, the public exchanges are not covered by this parameter. You can nevertheless limit people who can send friends to your child’s user account.
Always in the Confidentiality and security menu, Scrolle this time to the line ” Who can add you as a friend »». Deactivate all the options displayed to block all friends’ requests on the server. The user must now send friends to expand their community.
Finally, for block a particular person, Open your child’s list of friends. This menu is at the bottom, on the left of the screen. Select the targeted profile, then click on the three points in the upper right corner of the window.
Finally press To block.